The person credited with this unit standard is able to understand the functions, safety and suitability of the crane prior to utilization in the freight handling industry. Learners are also able to inspect and record the operational fitness of the components of a crane and be able to access available support systems and emergency services in case of incidents and accidents while operating a overhead/gantry crane.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Demonstrating knowledge of the functions of a crane.
- Identifying the safety and suitability of the crane type prior to utilisation.
- Inspecting and recording the operational fitness of the components of a crane.
- Operating an overhead crane in a safe and competent manner.
- Accessing available support systems and emergency services in case of incidents and accidents.
|Counterbalance Forklift Code: (F01 –F04)||Hoist and Winches||Mobile Elevated Platform (MEWP) Code: (C53)|
|Reach Truck Code: (F5)||Pedestrian Controlled Stacker Code: (F6, F7, F12)|