The person credited with this unit standard is able to operate a basic purpose lift truck. They are able to access emergency support and services in the case of an emergency while operating a lift truck. The person is also able to identify and classify the load, handle and move the freight while operating the lifting equipment in accordance with standards and its performance capabilities. They are also able to monitor the fitness of the lift truck.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Inspecting and recording the operational fitness of battery powered lift trucks.
- Identifying and classifying freight/loads.
- Handling, loading and storing freight.
- Achieving maximum work performance of battery powered lifting equipment and attachments.
- Operating freight equipment.
- Accessing available emergency support systems and services.
|Counterbalance Forklift Code: (F01 –F04)||Hoist and Winches||Mobile Elevated Platform (MEWP) Code: (C53)|
|Overhead Crane Code: (C30-C31)||Reach Truck Code: (F5)|